My other blog

My other blog Mama Thrift

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Our HALF move

We have just moved out of our unit and waiting to move into our new rental house that is not quite finished being built. So we have put of our stuff into storage and we are living with my inlaws. What makes me amused is a couple of posts ago I said the boys must separate. Well not only has that not happened (yet) but the rest of us have joined them. Yep all 5 of us sleep and share the one bedroom. Its not proving good sleep but its fun for the most part. The boys are still silly as ever and jump from mattress to mattress, and its still are struggle to get them dressed but a good routine is helping to make the adjustment improve.

I must say moving makes you realise how much stuff you have and how much it really is just STUFF. Not that I want a fire or disaster to take it away. But I can live happily with out a bunch.

It reminds me of the song that I play for the boys from Jungle Book - The Bare Necessities.

Look for the bare necessities
The simple bare necessities
Forget about your worries and your strife
I mean the bare necessities
Old Mother Nature's recipes
That brings the bare necessities of life

And don't spend your time lookin' around
For something you want that can't be found
When you find out you can live without it
And go along not thinkin' about it
I'll tell you something true
The bare necessities of life will come to you

I plan to be better at not hoarding, and the three Rs reduce re-use recycle.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new home and half getting there! I bet it must be exciting and overwhelming with the move all at once. I hope we get to catch up soon xx

    ReplyDelete