My other blog

My other blog Mama Thrift

Monday, July 26, 2010

A big shout out to all the Student's Wifes

Hi to all you wives of students. I just wanted to say that I am thinking of you all. Many of your husbands were working over the mid year break. As for me, I had Hubby around a fair bit to help out. I have been a little anxious about going back to doing it all alone on my own. I feel slightly cheated because Hubby thought he had another week off but after talking to some guys at church he realised he started back today. It was a shock to him but a bigger shock to me.

ALERT, ALERT. This not a drill. You are on you own tomorrow. I repeat on your own. hahaha!

I am happy to report, I am doing well enough and the kids are not lacking too much. I've even tried out my new-to-me (second-hand) breadmaker and I've prepared dinner to go in the oven later. Sure the floor is super dirty and there's washing to be done, but I am happy.

2 comments:

  1. There will NEVER be an empty laundry hamper, J!
    Personally, I think time and distance are good and healthy and tomorrow when I wave hubby off for his 8am lecture it will be nice to have the house and routine back the way I like it. I love him to bits and totally need him and love and appreciate his willingness to help and pitch in but you can have too much of a good thing (after a while)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Just ME, It's funny that you say the empty hamper will never be. I had to give a talk on Saturday at our ward women's conference. I mentioned a book my mother in law has, that is titled something like the washing is never done. The gist of it, is unless you go around naked you are always dirtying clothes and therefore the washing will never be done.
    Despite my slight anxiety about going back to things on my own, I agree that its good to have the house back to myself.
    Last week I flipped out at Hubby and told him to go out because I needed space :) He brought me back flowers to cheer me up. But as much as I like the help I wouldn't want holidays all year round, I just thought I had one more week of sharing the house load. The boys have been extra demanding lately. Thanks for dropping by its nice to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete