My other blog

My other blog Mama Thrift

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sharers are Carers

I feel so blessed because I have wonderful family, friends and neighbours. Lately we have all been doing a bit of swapping and sharing of food and other great things. I can't believe how much Heavenly Father is blessing my family through others. In turn I am trying to spread the good fortune to others. I am totally convinced that if we share things around we will all benefit far greater than if we kept things for ourselves.

For example last week my Sister got us a deal of 13 kilos of good bananas for $5. I took a bunch to my Mum who in return gave me sweet potatoes, lettuce and spinach from her garden. I gave bananas to my neighbour who the next day brought over a paw-paw from her tree, mandarins and colouring books for the kids. My other neighbour brings over Grug books for the children and asks to borrow cooking scales. So I give her the scales and a bunch of bananas. She returns the scales and shares some cookies she's made. And so it continues on like that. Our family has also been blessed with toys, clothes and money from other generous friends. Sharing really is caring and it enriches our relationships, and our pantry for that matter.

"Three keys to more abundant living: caring about others, daring for others, sharing with others" - Willam Arthur Ward


1 comment:

  1. Last Friday we visited my Aunty and Uncle and he said do you want a mower and we said Yes thanks. Blessed again!!! We only have a push mower because we dont have much grass. But we are moving in a couple of months to a place with a bigger yard and the motor mower will be handy. Thanks Uncle.

    ReplyDelete